font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Challenge: A Year in Hair.


Yesterday I had an absolutely crazy idea.
 
Ok, it honestly might not seem that crazy to some (and others may argue that I should be locked up in a strappy white jacket...), but it will be a challenge!
 
I'm not setting foot in a hair salon for 365 days.
 
Three hundred, sixty five days.
 
Twelve months.
 
One.
Whole.
Year.
 
I've never been one for maintaining hair styles, 4 weeks just seems too often to visit my stylist. But every 8 weeks has always been doable for me.
 
I'm also sporadic with my hair colour. It's either a level 3 or a level 9, and no where in between. When I really start to think about it, I'm lucky to have any hair at all.
 
With out further ado, let's get to it.
 
Why?
 
Because I think it's a little bit funny. I also want to see how much growth I can get in a single year, and see my natural hair colour again (it's been 12 years). I'm also in the growing out phase currently, here's a photo of my inverted bob from March.
hair
March 2014.
 
It was cute, but too high maintenance. I don't use much in the way of heat tools so damage should remain minimal.
 
When?
 
My last hair cut was May 13, 2014. That means I am currently 44 days in and have 321 to go. My next trip to the hair salon will be May 13, 2015 (or later).
 
hair
Day 1.

The rules.
 
1. No cutting my hair, by professional or otherwise, for one year.
2. No chemical treatments of any kind, by professional or otherwise, for one year.

Day 44.
 
Day 44.
 
 
I will be doing monthly updates on my adventure, so stay tuned!
 
xo, A




No comments :

Post a Comment