font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Heat Wave.

I'm so blessed to be able to bring you all a guest post from the lovely Peppermint Tea! I've posted before about how much I enjoy her blog, and the super tips she offers. It worked out perfectly that she is doing a series of posts about sun-smart fashion (check them out here), while we are in the middle of a serious heat wave!
 
Enjoy! xo A
 
I have always been a sun lover and beach baby. I am very blessed to live in a city that allows me to spend my days in the sunshine, on the sand or beside the pool. Growing up in the Okanagan, I've had my fair share of sunburns and heatstroke.. ouch! Now that I am older I am more cautious, of not only protecting myself from the sun right now, but protecting my skin for the future. I never leave the house without sunscreen on my face. Higher the SPF the better! I have also gotten into the habit it wearing a hat when I'm lounging by the lake or pool. I think hats are a beautiful invention, and regardless of what fashion myths you may have heard, you can pull off a hat! You just need to find the right one for you.
 
Like anything in this life, not everything is going to fit "just right" unless it was meant for you. It might sound cheesy comparing a hat to life problems and solutions, but as women I think we put a lot of emphasis on fashion defining ourselves. I know for myself, because I'm a fashion blogger, fashion is a big part of my life. But I have chosen to not let the clothes define me, but use the clothing I wear to represent who I am as a person instead of the other way around. I want my clothing to make a statement about me and it cannot do that if I choose clothes I'm uncomfortable with or that do not fit just right. It is possible to feel amazing in the clothes you are wearing while being true to who you are! Fashion should never be about following the crowd, fashion is individual art.
 
These five different types of hats are just a few examples of my favorite summer hats! The straw hat (gifted), the fedora (urban outfitters), the floppy hat (Peter Grim via Blonde), the basbeball cap (lululemon), and the trucker (blonde).
 
Straw hat (gifted).
 
Fedora (Urban Outfitters).
 
Floppy hat (Peter Grim via Blonde).
 
Baseball cap (Lululemon).
 
Trucker hat (Blonde).
 
All beach appropriate and all interchangeable. Protect that cute little head of yours and find your right fit this summer season.
 
Instagram - @shanny19
Pinterest - Shanna Albrecht

No comments :

Post a Comment