font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Friday 2 May 2014

Faith Filled Fridays: I am Free.

Before I became a believer I would have (wrongly) categorised all Christians as self-righteous.  Many with an aptitude for evangelism were often overbearing and condemning, leading to two things: anger aimed at a mighty and powerful ‘god’ who would make his ‘children’ feel so incredibly awful about themselves, and second, a belief that I was indeed awful. After becoming a believer the ideals I once held about God quickly evaporated; however, the awful feelings I held about myself seemed as though they were there to stay.

“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”  - John 3:17-18

I am certain these words wouldn’t have had such a significant impact on me had they arrived a different way. After an evening plagued by condemnation of sins past, a stolen bike and a broken side mirror, I was awakened in the early hours of morning by a yearning for God’s word. I opened my bible, landed on this verse, and suddenly it was clear; I was forgiven. I was not condemned, but instead saved.

My prayer is that our eyes and hearts would all be opened to the grace of God. That we would all know our Saviour, what he has done for us, and what that means; we are free! Amen.

xo, A.

No comments :

Post a Comment